MORTON PARK DISTRICT
DOG PARK RULES
The Morton Park District Oakwood Dog Park is provided to the public as a leash-free facility to exercise and promote interaction between animals and
owners. It is not intended as a training facility, nor will professional training be allowed. By using this facility, dog owners agree to the following rules for the facility.
1. The dog owner agrees to assume the full risk of any injuries,
damages or loss associated with their use of the Dog Park.
2. A handler age of 16 or older must be present at all times and is
solely responsible for the actions of their dog(s). Handlers are
limited to three dogs per visit.
3. Children must be at least 6 years of age and accompanied by a
parent or guardian to enter the park. It is the responsibility of the
parent or guardian to supervise their children at all times to prevent
4. Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park. Handler
must have a leash in their possession at all times. Dog owners must
remain with their dogs in the exercise area and must keep their dog
in sight at all times.
5. Always open and close the dog park gates carefully. Call your dog
away from the gate while other dogs are entering or leaving.
6. Dogs showing aggression towards people or other dogs must be
immediately leashed and removed from the Dog Park.
7. Excessive barking is strongly discouraged.
8. Dogs must have current vaccinations and wear up-to-date County rabies vaccination tags at all times. The Village of Morton owner information tags are required for Morton residents.
9. Dogs in heat are not allowed in the dog park. Puppies using the park must be older than six months.
10. Owners must clean up and dispose of feces left by their dog. Plastic baggies and garbage cans are available on the premises. Failing to clean up after animals will result in loss of privileges to use the park.
11. Don’t give treats to other dogs without asking the owner’s permission. Rawhide is not allowed in the Dog Park.
12. Professional dog trainers may not use this facility for the conduct of their business.
13. Infraction of any of these rules can result in temporary or permanent loss of park privileges.
|Address Line One||22101 N. Main St|
|Address Line Two|
|City, State, Zip Code||Morton, IL 61550|
|Monday||12:00 AM - 11:00 PM|